This Scottish charity runs courses for 10–18 year olds, mainly at indoor and outdoor climbing walls. and with an award of £1960 from the SMT, they’ll help more youngsters start climbing in Scotland’s great outdoors in 2022.
Scottish Mountaineering Trust
We are a Scottish charity that provides grants to projects and organisations that promote public recreation, knowledge and safe enjoyment of the mountain amenities, especially in the mountains of Scotland.
The Trust supports:
- Publication of guides to, and information about the Scottish mountains
- Footpath construction and maintenance
- Land purchases that ensure public access
- Mountaineering education and training, especially that aimed at young people
- Mountain rescue teams and organisations, for equipment and facilities
- Renovation of club huts available to the wider mountaineering community
- Expeditions with educational or scientific objectives aligned with those of the Trust
Our work is financed by donations from individuals and organisations who share our values, and from the publication of guidebooks for the Scottish Mountaineering Club and other books connected with the Scottish Hills.