Midwinter 2020 sees groups of young people bridging the gap between summer and winter mountaineering, in courses subsidised by the Jonathan Conville Memorial Trust (JCMT)
Scottish Mountaineering Trust
We are a Scottish charity that provides grants to projects and organisations that encourage and increase the public’s enjoyment of mountainous regions, especially the mountainous regions of Scotland.
The Trust supports:
- Publication of guides to, and information about the Scottish mountains
- Footpath construction and maintenance
- Land purchases that ensure public access
- Mountaineering education and training, especially that aimed at young people
- Mountain rescue teams and organisations, for equipment and facilities
- Renovation of club huts available to the wider mountaineering community
- Expeditions with educational or scientific objectives aligned with those of the Trust
Our work is financed by donations from individuals and organisations who share our values, and from the publication of guidebooks for the Scottish Mountaineering Club and other books connected with the Scottish Hills.