We are the Scottish Mountaineering Trust and this privacy notice sets out our data protection policy that governs when and why we collect personal information from you, how we keep it secure and how we use it. We refer to ourselves within this notice as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
1. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information when you interact with us including when you visit our websites, or when you correspond with us by email, in writing over the phone or in person.
- When you apply for a grant or a loan from us
- When you make a donation or gift to the Trust (either directly or through a third party like PayPal)
- If you otherwise contacted us by telephone, email or post.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECTED
We collect information that is necessary to perform the services you request or that are otherwise necessary for us to operate our Trust..
We may collect the following information from you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Contact telephone numbers
Where relevant we may also collected:
- Information provided on the grant application form and other correspondence you provide when you contact us
- Where you have left us a legacy, any information you have provided us with to administer this, such as details of your next of kin, executor or solicitor
- Payment Card or bank account details (although please be aware we will not hold such information for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
- Direct debit details for ongoing payment arrangements
3. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information provided by you for:
- the administration of any grant or loan application you have made
- to evaluate and make decision on the award to be made to you
- processing gift and donations made by you
- processing payments to or from you
- contact you to respond to your application, donation or queries
- improving our websites and online services
- fulfilling reporting obligations to our trustees and others
Reports on the trusts activities and awards are available on the internet, published in the Scottish Mountaineering Club Journal (which is disseminated to the public at large), and in the Trusts reports and annual reports .
We keep your personal information as long as necessary for the legal purposes set out above.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The personal information we collect about you will mainly be used by our Trustees and staff at the Scottish Mountaineering Trust in support of the work of the Trust .
We may share your information:
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf (for example PayPal), only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation. They will hold your information securely and retain it for the period we instruct
- Where you have chosen to share your story to help further our work, and you have given your explicit consent, we may share information in materials promoting our awards or fundraising work or in specific documents. and on the web site
- We may be required to share personal data with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations.
In circumstances other than those noted above, Scottish Mountaineering Trust will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you.
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice)
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected
- Request that we stop using your information in a particular way
To exercise your rights, please use our contact details below..
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Scottish Mountaineering Trust is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
7. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep this privacy notice under review . The latest version of this notice will always appear on this page.
9. CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish further information or to discuss any aspect of our Privacy Notice or data protection policy then please contact us using this link.